Friday, July 15, 2011

A 10-Year Old Kid Who Feels Old!


A 10-year old with a face full of fret comes up to me at the end of rehearsal this morning and says,

Kid: "Tony, I feel old!"

Tony: "You feel old? Sweetie how old are you?"

K: (sigh) "Ten."

T: "You feel old at ten? How old would you want to be?"

K: "I'd like to be a baby. Cause they get loved all the time and have nothing to worry about."


What in the world?!?! How is a child, at 10, so preoccupied with life and love that she feels like an old person? What is going on in that young mind and heart that is bringing this girl down? I personally don't want to be there if she ever receives a rejection letter from her dream college. What kind of pressure is building in this child's life?

This camp is supposed to "a positive theatrical experience for every camper". And Lord knows I'm doing my share, but when a kid comes in with baggage like this, there is little one can do to get her out of the hole. I wish you well little one! And as I told her I tell you: There is no need to worry. The best thing God created was one day after another. Always try your hardest and give it your best, and the rest will take care of yourself, but worrying...that will take you nowhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment